Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jonah and Moby

No, not like Jonah and the Whale....but it is kind of funny, Jonah in the baby carrier, MobyWrap. I have been trying desperately to find a baby carrier that Jonah will tolerate, as some of you may know I am a big fan of baby wearing not only for the simple fact that the benefits of baby wearing are endless, but it also makes life easier because your hands are free to do other things while also keeping baby close, safe and comforted. Sophie was a happy little baby as long as she was being worn on me or Neal in our Hotsling and then as a toddler she became very accustomed to being worn/carried in a Mei Tai style carrier called a BabyHawk, which she still occasionally gets carried in and loves. The sling was the only way I kept my sanity with a reflux suffering, very uncomfortable Sophie, she lived in that black and white floral patterned sling! Jonah however fights the sling tooth and nail, cries harder when placed in it, whereas Sophie would see me get it out and stop crying! I moved on to trying the Mei Tai with Jonah...no dice! Which led me to try out the Moby, he is still getting used to it, but the more I wear him the more accustomed he is becoming to being in it he actually stayed in it the whole time during church and even fell asleep!

It is so funny how polar opposite my kids are. Sophie was a very cuddly baby, ALWAYS wanting to be held and had to be rocked to sleep whereas Jonah likes to be held, but when he has had enough he would rather just hang in his bouncy seat. He does not want to be rocked to sleep, he would just assume be swaddled, given a pacifier, laid on his side in the sleep positioner and left alone, he does not want to be held in the traditional way you hold a baby, cradled in your arms, he needs to be upright and facing out to check out what is going on! As you will notice in the pictures he is facing out and his feet are straight out below him, his feet are supposed to be curled up in front of him almost as if he is sitting, and they were when I first put him in the wrap, but he wiggled and wiggled and got those little feet down below him. Oh yeah and the hold that I have him in, the Lotus hold, is for babies 4 months and older with good head control, the rules don't apply to my strong willed little 2 month old!




No comments:

Post a Comment