Wednesday, October 19, 2011

REALLY?!?!?!

Today is 40 weeks, 40 weeks, people, that I have been pregnant. This is a new record for me, considering the first two pregnancies were only 38 weeks. So, while I know that I am completely in the normal range, especially since due dates are really only an estimate and should not be relied heavily on, I still feel like I am "overdue" for my typical length pregnancy. I guess that is why there is the saying, "every pregnancy is different". I seriously set myself up for failure in this department, I really thought, surely this pregnancy would be just like the others as far as the length of the pregnancy, if not sooner seeing as my body has already done this a couple times. Nope not the case, because here I am typing away on the computer at 4:30am, 40 weeks pregnant (I've been up since 2:31am) due to a headache, and just all around uncomfortablness (not sure that is a word, but I'm going with it).

Neal, along with my midwife, both keep reminding me that this is not about me or my timing, that it is about the baby entering the world the when it is ready and it truly is all God's timing. So, I will wait, and attempt to be patient in doing so. I am so anxious and excited to meet this baby and see just WHO is in there!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my sweet friend! We both set ourselves up for failure. The babies will be here and we will forget all our troubles and moaning and groaning and be happy we are lovin' on our new babies.
    Hang in there girl! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete