Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

It was a very sweet and simple Mother's Day around here, just how I like it. I awoke to little feet running into my room yelling out "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!!!!" What a way to wake up! For breakfast Neal and Sophie made blueberry pancakes from scratch, we don't do box mix anymore since finding a killer pancake recipe. They were delicious! Sophie made me a beautiful card with the best rainbow in it that I have ever seen, it was her first actual picture that you could tell what it was without her having to tell you, so sweet! We then got ready and headed off to church. After church we went over to Lowe's and bought some wild flower seeds to plant in the backyard. While Sophie napped Neal tore up the fire pit and I tilled the dirt to prepare for the wild flower seeds. We laid out a really nice area with a stepping stone path and everything I am so excited, it was a nice afternoon to work in the yard it wasn't blazing hot like it has been. Once Sophie got up she helped spread the seeds and tested out the stepping stone path! Then we sat outside for the remainder of the day enjoying some fresh fruit and watching Sophie swim in her ICE cold pool! It was a great day, I couldn't have asked for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment