Tuesday, August 18, 2009

28 Weeks....Almost

27 weeks and 4 days to be exact as of today's date, but not like I am trying to speed up the process or anything. Technically, I have 12 more weeks to go, 3 whole months ugh! However, at this point in my pregnancy with Sophie (unbeknown to me at the time) I only had 10 more weeks, so I am really hoping that this baby is feeling the pressure to keep up with big sis and arrive 2 weeks early! I am trying not to get my hopes up because as a mom I know that is never about what we want or how we want things to go, that is just how it is, plus this baby is going to come when it is good and ready and that very well could be 2 weeks late, oh man I hope not!

I had my appointment today with our fabulous midwife and I brought along Sophie and my mom. Everything is progressing wonderfully with the pregnancy. The baby is growing perfectly and is SUPER active, I mean using my bladder as a punching bag, butt bumping with my stomach, practicing kicks for the soccer or football team with my ribs active.....all the time! Since my last visit the baby has switched sides and is now laying with his/her back along my left side and feet out to my right side just like big sis was. I am measuring 30 weeks at 27 weeks 4 days so about 2 over no biggie. The baby's heart rate is 148, which Sophie was able to hear and she was so stoked, the baby also had the hiccups at the time and Sophie thought that was just great and she could not wait to get on the phone and tell Neal after the appointment. My iron is low which explains why have been feeling like I stayed up all night and ran a marathon! The midwife gave me some great suggestions on how to boost my iron levels naturally without having to take those horrible iron supplements that I took or forgot to take when this same situation arose when I was pregs with Sophie. All in all aside from some achy back pain, which has gotten a little better since not having to lift Sophie all the time, an under active thyroid, and low iron this is a healthy, run of the mill pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment