Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Program

Every Monday at school Sophie has music class. Every Monday since September, Sophie and her classmates have been learning and singing Christmas songs all in preparation for the big day on Tuesday, December 14th at 9am when they would all very proudly share with friends and family the fruits of their labor. And man did all that practicing pay off because they all did a fabulous job! I was so proud of my little girl up there singing and doing the hand motions like everyone was there to see just her! It is so silly to say that watching my first baby up there with her class singing away, my eyes welled up with pride. I am not sure if it was all pride or a little bit of sadness mixed in my hormonal pot thinking about how she is growing up and that this time next year she will be in kindergarten, kindergarten people! My mom and dad were able to come and share in Sophie's joy and I took video while Maisie was strapped to the front of me in the Moby, and wow let me tell you how interesting that was. It was quite a feat having a 12ish pound baby strapped to the front of me who's body temp combined with mine could have melted the polar ice caps and trying to hold a very heavy camera steady. Well, I was not very successful in the steady part, but Neal got the idea and Sophie was happy I had the footage to share with him! We were all so proud of Sophie, especially Jonah, who upon seeing her up in front of everyone, proceeded to wave and shout to her, "Hi Sis-Sis, Hi" over and over again! So sweet! He had the whole audience chuckling.

















No comments:

Post a Comment