Friday, December 2, 2011

Magical Bobo

Every kid comes up with some sort of crazy name for their pacifier. "Pappy" and "Boppy" are just two of the unique names our friend's children have come up with for their pacifiers. Jonah calls his a "Bobo", how he came up with Bobo is beyond us because we have always said Paci, which doesn't really sound like Bobo to me, but hey to each his own. Anyhow the name Bobo has stuck and now we refer to Maisie's pacifiers as Bobos too.

So now to the point.....I love these pacifiers....ahem....I mean Bobos. We used them with Jonah and they were awesome. I thought I would try another paci with Maisie, those Gumdrop pacis with the straight nipple, yeah no dice she was not having it. I tried them because they were readily available in stores and well priced. The Natursutten ones that I love so much are a bit pricier and you have to order online, Babies R Us stopped carrying them for whatever reason. Both the Gumdrop and the Natursutten are a one piece design, which I love so no water gets trapped with all the frequent washings therefore no bacteria grows either. So when Maisie was not digging the Gumdrop pacis and gagging every time we tried to give them to her, I caved, shelled out the cash and got 4 of them. Well, I should have done that from the beginning, because she took to them immediately and is able to keep them in her mouth a lot better, which Neal had a feeling she would. I think part of it has to do with the shape, the Natursutten nipple is the orthodontic shape and the Gumdrops nipples are straight and I think the other factor is material the Gumdrops are a silicone paci, which none of our kids have liked and the Natursutten is a pure natural rubber, so no chemicals involved huge plus! The other added benefit and maybe why Maisie took to this paci is that since Natursutten's design simulates breastfeeding in that the pacifier touches the baby's nose and chin in a manner similar to the breast when nursing.

So this huge long post about a pacifier all to say, I love them and so does my baby! They soothe her and keep her happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment