Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby #2 Update

I had my appointment today with the midwife and looks as though we will be having just one baby...phew! Although two at a time would have been a very welcomed blessing. I am still measuring a little over, but nothing like last time. At this visit I was 23 weeks and 4 days along and measuring 25 weeks. So the baby just had a nice little growth spurt early on and everything is working itself out, the baby is still set to arrive sometime around November 13th, but as most know due dates really mean nothing, it is all up to the baby and the good Lord above! Everything else looks excellent, the baby is head down, curled up along my right side and has a heart rate of about 144.

I am finally getting some relief from the awful fatigue that I have been experiencing, my endocrinologist upped my dosage of meds (again) due to the fact that each month I have seen her since my 14th week my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels have dropped. It seems like it may finally be under control. Not really a huge deal, my body seems to do this when I get pregnant, it probably does not help matters that I already have a thyroid condition, but it usually doesn't flair up until pregnancy. With Sophie my thyroid was overactive and didn't present any problems for me until my 25th week with this little one I am underactive which started in my 14th week, which is why I have been so darn tired! I am not too concerned since I know the drill, I see my endo religiously each month from the moment I get pregnant, she takes really good care of me and at this point it is not effecting the baby negatively at all, just me, isn't that how it always goes with motherhood!

1 comment: