Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Joy of Christmas

So I am finally getting around to posting some pics from all of our Christmas festivities. We had such a wonderful Christmas and we are so truly blessed to have what we do and be surrounded with such love. Sophie is a very lucky little girl, she received some very nice and very generous gifts from so many people especially her Gigi's and her Papa's. I think it is safe to say that this year was the year of the Princesses, as I mentioned in the previous post Sophie is obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with the Disney Princesses and any gift that she received that had even the smallest Princess on it was a huge hit, especially the Princess cardboard dry erase board my mother got her from the dollar bin at Target....go figure!

We spent Christmas Eve at Neal's parent's house (my parent's joined us there) and had the Slimick Family traditional Christmas Eve dinner.....crab legs Mmmmmm Yummy, we look forward to it all year! Sophie pretty much filled up on crackers before dinner so she really didn't eat much, oh well it's the holidays right? Christmas Day was spent at my parent's house where Neal's parents and Joe joined us as well. We had such a wonderful time enjoying good food and the company of family and of course watching Christmas unfold through the eyes of a two year old child. We opened presents with my parents before Neal's family arrived. Sophie was so sweet, each time a present was handed to her she simply said, "Thank you" before gently tearing into it. I swear I saw my mom's eyes fill up a few times when she handed Sophie a present and Sophie looked at her so genuinely with her big brown eyes and said in her little soft voice "Thank you, Gigi". I know by nature toddlers are very egocentric little beings and have very little regard for others at this stage in their development, especially when gifts are involved, but Sophie is so sweet and I see such genuine compassion and gratefulness in her so often, she just melts me. When ever she hears Neal or I say "ouch" or if I trip (which is pretty much daily, I am quite clumsy) she will ask, "Are you okay Mama/Daddy?" She is such a little love, I just want to squeeze her! Okay, Okay, back to Christmas.... Sophie was so excited to have everyone from both sides all together for a second day in a row, her face lit up when she saw Gigi and Papa Slimick walk through the front door of Gigi and Papa Keilty's house, she giggled and said "Gigi, Papa" and then let out this funny little laugh and proceeded to go into toddler show off mode running around like a crazy lady!

I can't help but smile now when I think of all the joyful moments we had this Christmas and the look of wonder and gratefuleness in Sophie's eyes as she opened each gift, SHE is our the best gift and biggest blessing of all. I hope that everyone's Christmas was as joyful as ours was.



Presenting Gigi & Papa with the birdhouse she painted.


Showing off the loot she received from Great Grandad Hatfield.


So excited about her Princess Castle!


Enjoying one of the many books she received, this one is from Daddy.


The Target dollar bin Princess dry erase board, we had to hide it so she would open her other presents!


The pillowcase that she made for Neal & I at preschool!


She was so proud of herself, how cute is this???


Girls like trains too!


Giving Gigi & Papa K. their birdhouse.


Loving her new Princess back pack.


Our little present!


Adjusting the sacred back pack.


To quote her, "I play basketball!"


Enjoying a little pre-dinner Little Einstein show, note the Princess back pack is still on!


The WHOLE gang!


The Slimick's


Papa K's decorations! Nice job Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment