Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Extra Postage Required

With Christmas right around the corner several of our loving family members have been so thoughtfully sending packages to Sophie for Christmas, which she is all to excited about. Anything resembling a box she now calls a present, regardless of whether or not it is truly a present! She has been so good about just opening the postal box and then placing the wrapped gift under the tree and not opening it, Neal and I have been telling her that she has to wait until Christmas morning, and she has been listening....such a sweet girl. Not that she is not interested in the presents, because she is, she will point to the presents under the tree and say, "presents" and then go over and hold the most recent one that came in the mail, but all are still wrapped and intact, not even one little tear!

So with all that said, since she can't enjoy the actual present just yet she has been having fun with the boxes that the gifts arrive in, most recently a small box from Neal's Uncle Mike and Aunt Becky in Virginia. Yesterday she got in the box and said, "Too big, Sophie too big" then she tried to sit down in it and said, "Too big, too big sitting box". Her vocab is growing each minute and we are just amazed at how smart she is! I am sure every mom says the same thing and thinks that her child is a genius, but I think Sophie really is! What can I say? I'm just a proud Mommy! Her interest in the box is still going strong, because this morning she sat and watched her Little Einstein's in the box while decked out in her Princess jammies, a belated birthday gift from Auntie Michelle, Uncle Nelson and Braedon (which she has yet to take off since she first put them on!). So I had to snap some pictures of "Too Big Sophie" attempting to squeeze herself yet again into the tiny box. I will post a disclaimer with these photos: Neal was not home to help me edit the photos, so I apologize for the grainy shots and yellow tint the pictures have, I will get better I promise! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment