Friday, December 19, 2008

Girly Girl

Sophie loves getting her nails painted and anytime that she sees that I have painted my toes or fingers she insists that I paint hers too. However it is very interesting to try and get a two year old to sit still while A) you paint her nails and B) her nails dry. Finally I have perfected the art of painting her nails by only putting a thin layer of polish on her nails so that they dry in no time!

Recently, Sophie and I made a trip to Walgreens down the street because Mama needed a few various items one of which was eyeliner, low and behold the brand that I buy was having a buy one get one free off anything in the line, so I let Sophie pick out a new nail polish. Being the girly girl she is she headed straight for the clear polish with sparkles in it. She was so excited and had to hold the nail polish in the car on the way home and could not stop talking about how Mommy was going to paint her nails with the "sprinkles" as she was calling them. Time to paint. With it being the holidays I decided to get a little festive and paint her nails red first and then put the "sprinkle" polish over the top. Genius and super cute, right? Wrong.....more layers of polish only increasing drying time which increases time two year old has to sit still......FAIL! So, she only ended up with paint on her toes since she kept smudging her fingers, all in all though she was still pretty excited to have "sprinkles" on her toes.





No comments:

Post a Comment