Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Nest Is Ready

Neal and I were able to have an anniversary re-do this weekend since last weekend plans were foiled by his sudden cold that made him so very miserable. Sophie went and stayed with my parents Friday evening and she did not come back until Sunday evening! She had a blast, as she always does whenever she goes to either grandparent's house. So when Sophie is away Mommy and Daddy will........work? Yes we worked. Cleaned house, we cleaned the house from top to bottom. It started Thursday night when Neal washed all the floors downstairs and then continued on into Saturday with vacuuming, dusting every surface including base boards and blinds; that was all Neal's department. I cleaned bathrooms, vanities, mirrors, toilets, and SCRUBBED the tubs, that took the most time, and did about 5 loads of laundry! I think we started cleaning around 8 or 9am and didn't finish until about 12pm! We had something to eat, got showered and dressed and headed out the door to do a bunch of errands including getting Sophie's birthday presents, which we were able to score some awesome deals on! Then it was back home to work on the outside of the house and plant the pansies that we had just purchased. Let me tell you planting flowers at a very ripe 37 weeks pregnant is not easy or comfortable, so needless to say Neal planted "his" flowers and then came over to my side and finished planting "mine". After all the hard work we did reward ourselves with an anniversary evening out at one of our favorite restaurants, Carrabbba's on South Blvd. It was so yummy, but I definitely think that we both ate way too much. Neal enjoyed his Sam Adams while I downed 2 glasses of milk due to the incredible heartburn that pregnancy blesses me with. Sunday; church, lunch, Neal cut grass, I finished planting the rest of the pansies in pots to place on the front porch, back to church for our small group and then back home to be greeted by our sweet, sweet Sophie whom we missed so much!

So can you say NESTING?!?!!?!? Bring on the baby folks, 'cause I'm ready and so is my house!


Freshly cut grass and some beautiful fall foliage.



The Fire Dept. even recently came out put a fresh coat of paint on our hydrant! I'm loving the fire red tree in our backyard.


We had lots of pansies, so many I had to start putting them in pots and I almost ran out of pots to plant them in!



Sophie's Snazzy pumpkins, she glitterfied her's and the baby's and left Mommy and Daddy's so we could carve a face.



No comments:

Post a Comment