Monday, March 23, 2009

Bread Anyone?

Always up for a challenge in the kitchen, I decided to make my own bread today. Not only were we two slices away from no bread in the house, but I figured I had all the ingredients so, why not? I had tried a while ago to make my own bread at home with Neal's bread maker that he used in college and after several failed attempts I just quit. This time I used a recipe for whole wheat bread out of my trusty "can't live without it" Better Homes and Gardens cook book. I have to say I am very proud of myself and will definitely be doing this again, not only to I feel accomplished, but the smell of fresh baked bread throughout the house can't be beat! The loaves are a little on the small side, we can mow through some bread in this house, but homemade bread tends to spoil faster than store bought since there are no preservatives in homemade, which I feel good about! So I thought I would share my success and how easy it really was!


2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I have been pondering the idea of making bread instead of buying it - but just haven't done it yet! Looks yummy! Hope you three are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I might need that recipe!

    ReplyDelete