Monday, March 2, 2009

My Birthday

On Saturday, February 28th we celebrated that I am in fact another year older....that's right folks, I am now 27! My day started with Neal going in to get Sophie and me hearing over Sophie over the monitor, "Oh it's Mommy's Birfday". Then the pitter patter of little feet running full speed into my room and over to where I lay in the bed and her little face right up in mine handing me a hand made card adorned with Princess stickers and the most beautiful artwork you have ever seen followed by a, "Happy Birfday Mommy!" Now if that isn't the best way to start your birthday I don't know what is!

Then we all went down stairs for a pan"cake" breakfast. Neal made us pancakes and put candles in mine, what we didn't realize is that we should have let the pancakes cool a little bit before putting the candles in because the pancakes were so warm they melted the candles! Soon after we got ready for the day and dropped little miss off with my parents bright and early, about 9:15 am, and then headed over to the brand new IKEA! It didn't open until 10am and we got there at 9:45am and the parking lot was already 1/2 to 3/4 full! By 12 when we sat down to have lunch in the cafeteria we could see the cars lined up waiting to get in and people were starting to park on the road!
Good thing we got there a little early. I have been so excited to go, ever since Neal mentioned that they were opening a few months ahead of schedule, I planned my own birthday and told him, "We're going to IKEA baby!!!" It was so much fun. I had never ever been to an IKEA before, Neal however grew up with one not too far from him in Pittsburgh, but it had been a while since he had gone to one. It was such a fun day and we got some great deals, I had been saving my Christmas money just for this trip! I pretty much knew what I wanted to get since we received the catalog in the mail, I was able to do some pre-shopping shopping! I ended up with a desk and chair to do my scrap booking and some curtains for the office and our bedroom along with the curtain rod (which is actually curtain wire, check out the pictures!!). After about 4 hours of roaming IKEA we decided to call it quits and head back to my parent's house. We had some Chinese take out for dinner (my fave) and cupcakes, which Sophie loved, I do believe her favorite holiday or day to celebrate is birthdays! All day long and the day before and the day after she kept saying, "Happy Birfday, Mommy!" and "It's Mommy's Birfday". She is so sweet. Now I am trying to explain to her that it is not my birthday anymore. All in all it was a wonderful day, I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thank you everyone who sent cards, gifts, text messages and called with well wishes, it means a lot that you all were thinking of me!

So excited about my new veggie chopper, no more tears when cutting onions! YAY!


My new scrap booking area!!!!


Love it!


We hung the curtain wire from the ceiling to add length to the room, we LOVE it!!!

1 comment: