Saturday, January 10, 2009

Don't Pee on the Princesses!

That is our goal; Don't Pee on the Princesses. We are diving into potty training yet again this time with a little more seriousness. The first round a couple months ago didn't go so well because I don't think that Sophie was completely ready nor was I to be honest. I selfishly did not want her to be ready because I was not ready to venture into the world of public restrooms and all the other fun stuff that comes with potty training, but mostly it is the public restrooms, I am such a germ-a-phobe. I liked my carefree world with my child in diapers. I decided that it was time, I had to put my selfishness aside because Sophie was starting to show more signs of readiness; staying dry for longer periods of time, increasing interest in the potty, the ability to pull her pants up and down, and occasionally telling me when she peed. The real jump start came on Thursday when she stayed dry for over an hour and then peed on the potty! So here we are again, Sophie sitting on the potty and Neal and I sitting on the bathroom floor reading her a book or two while she attempts to pee in the potty for the simple reward of a sticker. She has brand new Princess underwear and Princess Pull Ups for when she is at school, so our new motto is, "Don't Pee on the Princesses" so far she is doing pretty good, but then again it is only 9:30am! She has had two accidents and one successful pee on the potty. The first accident she ran to her playroom and peed and looked quite shocked that she was soaked, the second time was a little less wet and she came to us and said, "Uh Oh I pee Ariel underwears" so I feel like that was progress since recognized the accident. The successful pee on the potty came when Neal had just put her in time out for not listening to him and she was crying and then said "Uh Oh pee, pee, pee, so Neal rushed her to the bathroom where she successfully peed in the potty! Go Sophie! So as of right now we are still in the Jasmine underwear or "Jabis" as Sophie calls her. So keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue on our potty training adventure!



So excited about her Princess Underwear!


Sheer joy on her face, all because of Princess Underwear!


Sitting on the "Big Girl Potty"

No comments:

Post a Comment