Friday, January 30, 2009

Just Call Me Martha Stewart!

I have finished both the pillows for Sophie's play room and they came out pretty good if I do say so myself! The small one I did first and it is a little lop-sided, but hey I am pretty much a beginner and I had to start somewhere, so I learned from the minor mistakes I made with the first one and the second one, the oversized floor pillow, came out fabulous! Sophie was so excited to finally jump on it and have somewhere comfy to sit and read her books. I am quite proud of my little sewing experiment and my cute sewing machine that I purchased for a mere $24.99 did an excellent job and so far was well worth the money. Now that I have two pillows under my sewing belt I am eager to try to make some more stuff, but as my friend Elizabeth would say, "I know my limits" and in sticking with that theme of knowing my limits I think I will just "limit" myselft to square/rectangular things for now, so I guess that only leaves me with making pillows. Anyone need some pillows???????


2 comments:

  1. Great job-I am so not crafty. Braden would be so happy to see trains in Sophie's play room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! They look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete