Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Finished Product

Yay!!! The owl sheets arrived on Tuesday and I am not sure who was more excited me or her! Then the owl pillow sham arrived yesterday and today we went to Mary Jo's and got some batting to fill the pillow sham with for $2.19 because I was not about to pay Pottery Barn $10 plus tax for a pre-formed pillow! For those of you who are not from around here Mary Jo's is the fabric stores of all fabric stores and is quite intimidating for someone like myself who knows nothing about fabric or anything that goes along with fabric, you really could get lost in there! We made our way quickly in and out of Mary Jo's after getting a quick info lesson on batting from the nice lady at the counter, I am sure that I sounded like a complete idiot not knowing anything about something as simple as batting, but hey I've got to start somewhere! Once we got home Sophie very willingly helped me pull apart the batting and stuff it inside the pillow sham, I think that she was so excited to be tearing something apart with out getting scolded for it! So with all that done, the "Big Girl Owl Bed" is now complete! Now I am thinking that I want to paint some owls, birds and possibly some trees on the walls......who knows, it seems I am always trying to start a new project, I have to do something to keep myself busy, otherwise I will lose my mind or what little there is left of it!!!!

Speaking of new projects, not only have I decided to start Scrapbooking from scratch, and I say "from scratch" because in the past I used the scrapbooks from Hallmark (Thanks Mom!) with the pre-made pretty pages and I would just add my pictures and a few more embellishments or stickers and boom instant memories, but now I am scrapbooking like a big girl and making my own pages and the two that I have already done I am pretty proud of. The second is a little better than the first, but this like anything else is a learning process. So Yay me!

The other project I am attempting to start today is making pillows for Sophie's play room. I have had fabric left over from making Sophie's baby doll bedding since last year, yes, I said last year, I have been wanting to do this since last year! I finally got my butt in gear and before hitting up Mary Jo's today we went to one of our favorites Target, to pick up a small starter sewing machine for myself, a cheap $24.99, we'll see how this goes! Wish me luck, I will be sure to post pictures no matter how badly the pillows turn out!



Check out these cool frames I found at Target they match her room PERFECTLY!!






3 comments:

  1. Cute bedding! I bet she is thrilled to be in a big girl bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Good job on the pillows! I know that you love those little skirts that I make for Sophie so I am going to give you the link to the instructions. I think it would be an easy project for you. No pattern necessary! So just go to http://www.oliverands.com/blog/ and look for the Lazy Days Skirt pattern on the right side of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should bring your sewing machine over and we could sew.

    ReplyDelete