Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Reading Material

Today marks the day that Sophie came to me and told me that she needed to pee instead of me constantly hovering over her asking her if she needed to use the potty. Yay Sophie!!! This came after a few battles of trying to get her to sit on the potty and her saying that she was, "All Done" and "No Potty". So I just said to myself, okay if she has an accident, she has an accident, no big deal, she is either going to pee all over herself and my carpet or she is going to let me know she needs to go. Sure enough at 5:10pm she let me know that she indeed had to use the potty. I was so proud of her I had to call Neal and share the good news and he was just as pleased! It is the little things in this crazy game of parenthood that get us excited. Anyway, thought I would share the good news that Sophie has shown us that she is ready to continue with potty training and it wasn't all just Mommy and Daddy putting forth the effort! In true Slimick style I also documented this momentus occasion with a few lovely photos of Sophie on the potty checking out the Pottery Barn Kids catalog. She made sure to let me know which items she liked, "Mommy, I likes this bed, Mommy, I likes this room". Too cute I tell you!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks girl! And... Way to go Sophie! Sounds like the training is going pretty smoothly! Hope everything else is going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Braden gets on the potty train soon! I must admit I have not been too aggressive with it, he has gone a few times over the past 6 months but nothing consistent and he refuses to wear big boy undies....even with Thomas on them. Where did you get the seat? I need to get one like that for him.

    ReplyDelete