Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lookey What I Made!

In an effort to save Sophie's car seat from any pee accidents I decided to make my very own pee pad, you can buy them in the various baby stores, but I figured I could just as easily make my own and save myself the 9 bucks. I took some measurements of the seating area of her carseat and made a pattern, from there I cut two layers of an old terry cloth hand towel out for absorbency and of course you need a waterproof layer so it doesn't get all over the car seat and for that I used an old crib mattress pad liner. I sewed them all together and poof....Meg's Pee Pad is created....well Soph's Pee Pad, but I made it!!! For a final touch to make it pretty I used left over Princess fabric to cover it and make it pretty. So, I guess in this case it will be OK if she pees on the Princesses! I took some pictures of the pee pad in the making and the final product. It did not occur to me to take pictures until I had already had the pee pad inside the cover and I was not taking it out so you can get the basic idea of how I layered it all together from the pictures. Needless to say I am VERY proud of myself, not only for making this, but saving myself a little money in the process, oh and it fits PERFECTLY in the car seat, it is out there now awaiting Sophie's beautiful little Princess Buns!

Waterproof layer (crib mattress pad)


Absorbent layers (terry cloth hand towel)


Side view of all three layers


Bottom


Top


No comments:

Post a Comment