Monday, February 16, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

Yes, that is my child in the dryer. No, I did not put her in there either, she willingly climbed in after helping take all her bibs out and put them in the clean bib basket. I have always found it easier to let Sophie "help" with various tasks around the house or give her her own task similar to what I am doing. I chose to do this for numerous reasons; number one to avoid the whining that I know will ensue if I don't allow her to "help" since she is my shadow and must do what I am doing at ALL TIMES! Number two, to teach her responsibility, and that she is a fully functioning member of the family and is capable of doing things for herself (this has really helped as I have been giving her more responsibility lately, I find her now telling me that she can do it and she does not need my help where as before everything needed my assistance or for me to just flat out do it for her). Number three to teach her the joy and pride that comes along with helping out and/or doing things for yourself no matter how small the task, the smile that spreads across her face when I thank her for helping me out or congratulate her on a job well done is priceless. I also include her in on lots of cooking and baking since being a stay at home mama, I find I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen, which actually I don't mind I am getting quite good at this whole cooking thing, a regular old Domestic Goddess, that's me!


1 comment:

  1. I let Morgan help me with chores too. It gives her something to do other than whining. Her very own chore is feeding the cats, which I closely supervise. She needs all the points she can get with the cats! Sophie in the dryer is hilarious. That could be a scrap book page!

    ReplyDelete