Friday, February 13, 2009

Too Much Wind = No More Power For Us!


Wednesday night it was SO windy that we lost power for about 2 hours. It would not have been so bad if I hadn't just put Sophie in the bath tub! Poor little thing she freaked out, it took her a minute to get upset because the lights flickered first and then came back on for a second then dimmed again and went out completely and there we were sitting in complete darkness in her bathroom until Neal came rushing up to save the day with a flashlight. Once she saw Neal with the flash light she let out a very cautious little giggle, luckily I had not wet her hair yet, so I just finished up washing her body and pulled her out, nothing like a much needed bath cut short! Getting Sophie to bed seemed to go okay until the wind and rain really started to pick up and whip around outside, and with no monitor it was hard to hear her crying upstairs while we were downstairs, but there is nothing like the ears of a Mommy listening out for her baby. So, mine and Neal's little candle lit (we had tea lights all over the house, it was kind of romantic and fun!) game of Uno was cut short so that I could go and tend to her. The power went out around 7:15pm and finally came back on at exactly 8:56pm leaving me 4 minutes to get downstairs and watch LOST! I was so excited, I felt like the LOST Gods were shining down on me when the power came back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment